Japanese chipmaker Elpida Memory filed for bankruptcy protection today after failing to find anyone willing to save it. Despite rumours that a number of suitors were interested in slurping a stake in the DRAM manufacturer, including Micron Technology and Toshiba, Elpida has had to apply to restructure its business under …
As an ex-NEC Semiconductors (scotland) employee I am saddened to hear this. Mind you, they did shaft an awful lot of people when they *ahem* mothballed the Livingston operation...
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE