Japanese chipmaker Elpida Memory filed for bankruptcy protection today after failing to find anyone willing to save it. Despite rumours that a number of suitors were interested in slurping a stake in the DRAM manufacturer, including Micron Technology and Toshiba, Elpida has had to apply to restructure its business under …
As an ex-NEC Semiconductors (scotland) employee I am saddened to hear this. Mind you, they did shaft an awful lot of people when they *ahem* mothballed the Livingston operation...
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers