Japanese chipmaker Elpida Memory filed for bankruptcy protection today after failing to find anyone willing to save it. Despite rumours that a number of suitors were interested in slurping a stake in the DRAM manufacturer, including Micron Technology and Toshiba, Elpida has had to apply to restructure its business under …
As an ex-NEC Semiconductors (scotland) employee I am saddened to hear this. Mind you, they did shaft an awful lot of people when they *ahem* mothballed the Livingston operation...
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia