Japanese chipmaker Elpida Memory filed for bankruptcy protection today after failing to find anyone willing to save it. Despite rumours that a number of suitors were interested in slurping a stake in the DRAM manufacturer, including Micron Technology and Toshiba, Elpida has had to apply to restructure its business under …
As an ex-NEC Semiconductors (scotland) employee I am saddened to hear this. Mind you, they did shaft an awful lot of people when they *ahem* mothballed the Livingston operation...
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching