Dell has added 10Gbps Ethernet cards to two of its 1GigE EqualLogic iSCSI arrays, bumped up their controllers and built in greater Linux and Windows host integration. The range starts at the 1GbitE PS4100 entry level, and then rises up through the 1GbitE PS6100, the virtualised and scale-out PS6500, the 10GbitE PS6010 and PS6510 …
snapshots and replication are still crap.
I haven't had any problems with snapshots? Sync replication would be nice, but because our DR site is quite far away, we can't really use it at the moment anyway, so we async fits the the bill.
I loved it when one vendor came in and tried to blame the iSCSI storage for their applications poor performance. Benchmark tests were more than 15 times faster than their requirements (we have several units)!
Overall, I find them excellent pieces of kit, and just so easy to install and use.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait