The freshly de-merged Telecom New Zealand has posted a net profit of $NZ1 billion after what the CEO described as the “most complex corporate transaction in recent New Zealand history.” Adjusted profits rose 52 per cent to $NZ240 million with earnings from continuing operations coming in at $NZ129 million. The carrier demerged …
Fry's petulant whining about this helped confirm my adoption of the El Reg orthodoxy on him - i.e., he's a prat. The place he was staying apparently had the bargain basement data allowance, which he obviously snarfed up in no time. Then, after Telecom "fixed" it to shut him up (fat chance!) he launched into a tirade against the evils of throttling, and traffic allowances in general. Strangely, in this rant, the supreme techno wizard of the world omitted any suggestions on HOW a country of only 4.5 million, dependent on a dangerously small number of cable links to the VERY remote outside world, could afford and and offer His Fryness the petabit speeds he deems himself worthy of. (Fail icon for Fry, not the article)
ElReg's Fry obsession is getting a bit tired...
Dim witted actor != tech commentator
Fry should stick to acting and using his gay iphone crusing app. Thats his limit. Why any one listens to him is beyond belief.
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- 'Big Data' analysis Think Amazon is CHEAP? Just take a look at these cloudy graphs...