Both houses of the US government have now approved bills to auction off $22bn worth of radio spectrum, but white spaces will remain licence-free – much to the delight of the industry. White Space spectrum was threatened by those who feel licence money could be poured into the national debt, but opponents reckon more unlicensed …
Never heard "sharpening their lawyers" before - thanks for the chuckle and the new phrase.
What the hell?
The US is in serious amounts of debt and these wallies want to give out tax cuts?
Re: Tax cuts?
What the hell? Have you seen that the newly proposed budget will expand spending to over $4 trillion annually?
Cut the stupid spending and eliminate all tax loopholes.
"but opponents reckon more unlicensed spectrum will drive innovation"
Yes, just like it did in the financial services sector. Goldman Sachs came up with some innovative products didn’t they?
What could possibly go wrong?
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Apple releases iOS 7.1 update in response to cars, complaints, vomit