back to article LinkedIn scoops up browser plugin Rapportive: 'We fell in love'

LinkedIn has bought browser plugin outfit Rapportive for an undisclosed sum. The two-year-old start-up told its users that its handling of their data was now covered by LinkedIn's privacy policy and terms of service. "During our partnership with LinkedIn, we got to know them very well. We found a great overlap between our …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

What Privacy Policy?

If you received an email from LinkedIn suggesting people you might know, and the only link between you and these people was that you'd sent them an email from a desktop mail program, would you think that LinkedIn was respecting your privacy?

Ex -LinkedIn member

JDX
Gold badge

Re: What Privacy Policy?

If I'd clicked "yes please slurp my email" then I wouldn't have a problem.

Re: What Privacy Policy?

I know what you mean and share your cynicism, but the same suggestions-of-friends-they-couldn't-possibly-know-about happens on (inter alia) Facebook as well and you have to assume that it is as a result of the *other* person letting FB have access to their email contact list. Don't you?

Bronze badge
Megaphone

Caveat Emptor...

ANYONE using any of these lame social networking sites is just asking to have whatever little privacy is left these days invaded. Period.

Best idea is not to use any of them. If someone can't pick up a telephone, or send me an e-mail...I don't need/want to hear from them.

JDX
Gold badge

Re: Caveat Emptor...

You're not familiar with the concept of networking then... it's been around quite a while before FaceBook.

It's fine you don't 'get' them. But to not 'get' something and then presume you know enough to preach about it is absurd.

Bronze badge
FAIL

Re: Re: Caveat Emptor...

And you know I know nothing about networking how?

Don't worry Sparky... I "get" them. Simply have no desire to USE them. All are mostly filled with useless crap some idiot feels the world needs to see/hear in some self-aggrandizing attempt at propping up their pathetic ego.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums