back to article LG touts Tegra 3 talker

LG has revealed what it has in store for next week's Mobile World Congress (MWC): specifically its Nvidia Tegra 3-based smartphone, the Optimus 4X HD. LG Optimus 4X HD The 4X HD joins a party of five-core smartphones heading to MWC, where it will be joined by Fujitsu, which flaunted its own Tegra 3 offering yesterday. LG's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
JDX
Gold badge

Having some diminutive girl hold it up close to the camera exaggerates even more how gigantic this is.

Silver badge

agreed

there's something worryingly paedo about the whole thing.

Glad I wasn't the only one somewhat disturbed about the looks of those girls.

Pity, as the phone looks good on paper...

Re: agreed

Nope, there is nothing peado about the image, nor are these girls "disturbing" to look at. Stop perpetuating this Daily Mail-esque nonsense.

Now, it's certainly an odd choice of PR image. I mean, come on, did LG run out of Korean girls???

Anonymous Coward

> Glad I wasn't the only one somewhat disturbed about the looks of those girls.

I think they are clones....

Bronze badge
Paris Hilton

Diminutive Product Life

I think the diminutive girls represent how diminutive LG's product life is. They EOL most of their phones within a year and don't support developers.

LPF
Thumb Up

See...

It is possible to create a large touch screen mobile, thatdoes not rip off an iPhone!

Anonymous Coward

Re: See...

AND, this urinates all over the iPhone and the unreleased 5.

This really does change the game. If you buy an iPhone now, you've really not got a clue! Tho if you did, you wouldn't have an iPhone anyway.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Re: See...

You have some sort of fetish with urination don't you "Obviously!"?

Thumb Down

Is it called the 4X because it's four times the size of competing phones?

Happy

If only they can make it a bit bigger.

Anonymous Coward

I see no paedo ..

.. just your typical never-over-18 models. Think all the anti-wrinkle cream ads that only feature 16 year old girls.

But enough of that: the phone!

At last a non-Samsung phone that's launching with ICS! I was beginning to wonder if it would ever happen ..

Shame it's so frickin' big! Is that an iPad in your pocket or a very thin paperback. Better get earphones coz that thing will look like a book if you put it up to your ear.

Silver badge

It's the perspective distortion and image photoshoppery that combines to make the overall image a little unsettling. The girl on the left is quite obviously suffering from distortion (face and waist show it) and the phone she's holding appears heavily touched up or just overlaid.

iPhone mention on post number 6

Crikey, can't even get to double digit posts before the iPhone has to be mentioned goading Obviously! into spouting his anti iPhone rants again.

Will there ever be an article about a mobile phone where the comments focus on how good/bad the phone is rather than disparaging comments about people who don't share the same choices as you?

Happy

Re: iPhone mention on post number 6

No.

Anonymous Coward

Good call LG

The jailbait market was not that explored by smartphone companies.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums