Network adapter and switch maker Mellanox Technologies is riding the wave of upgrades to 10 Gigabit Ethernet switches and is excited about boosting sales of 10GE adapter cards when Intel launches its "Sandy Bridge-EP" Xeon E5 processors sometime this quarter. But Mellanox CEO and chairman Eyal Waldman has his eye on a bigger …
That looks like a PCIe-x4 network card, which can only transfer data to the host a 10Gbit/sec. Seems a bit odd for a company touting 40GE cards not to make them x16 to make full use of the network...
Re: bus speed?
I agree. But that's how all the network providers do it.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops