Network adapter and switch maker Mellanox Technologies is riding the wave of upgrades to 10 Gigabit Ethernet switches and is excited about boosting sales of 10GE adapter cards when Intel launches its "Sandy Bridge-EP" Xeon E5 processors sometime this quarter. But Mellanox CEO and chairman Eyal Waldman has his eye on a bigger …
That looks like a PCIe-x4 network card, which can only transfer data to the host a 10Gbit/sec. Seems a bit odd for a company touting 40GE cards not to make them x16 to make full use of the network...
Re: bus speed?
I agree. But that's how all the network providers do it.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards