Samsung Electronics has decided to split off its LCD division into a separate company in the hopes of turning the loss-making business around. The Korean company proved the rumours circulating last week with regulatory filings announcing that its LCD unit would be spun off into a new firm – which will be a wholly owned …
Nothing to see here....
"By being an independently operated company specialising in display panels going forward...."
So were the panels going in backward in the past? That's why they didn't sell.
Re: Nothing to see here....
That's all the panels in the backs of plane/train/car seats. Unless vehicle is in reverse gear.
I assume those $ figs are correct?
With capital/loss sums like that one could put Microsoft in the equivalent of a teacup!
Re: I assume those $ figs are correct?
Yes, it is always refreshing to look at MS's size in relation to all other global companies, rather than just in the IT sphere.
this OLED push might explain
Why "smaller" Samsung LCDs are at damn near giveaway pricing in the wholesale channels.
The break-up will be official on 1 April,... April fool?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes