The Valentine’s Day edition of Patch Tuesday brought nine security bulletins that collectively address 21 software vulnerabilities. The batch includes four critical updates but the consensus among security experts is that a security patch for IE is the only one that sysadmins need to worry about. That's because MS12-010 …
It seems like its nineteen-nonety-nine
Dont forget Java...!
Java - more patches released yesterday as well. Joy.
The fact this article's been up for a while yet this is only the third post says it all.
Patching is a no-brainer
There isn't much to say about it - except that presumably the first way you test that the patches don't break your PCs, is by loading -all- of the patches, surely. I mean you're going to have to reboot anyway. Only if your business systems then don't work, do you consider which patches to use, and which not.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops