Feeds

back to article Internet simulcasts don’t need extra royalties

Musicians and record labels will probably be joining the queue behind sports codes and mobile carriers to demand more rights-holder-friendly copyright laws, after losing an internet radio case in the Federal Court yesterday. Justice Lindsay Foster has ruled that a radio station need only pay once for the right to broadcast a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Devil

Every time

I read one of these stories related to music industry trying to protect their copyright I keep conjuring an image of an ostrich with it's head stuck in the sand or the 50's style fat banker in his pin stripe suit smoking a cigar. In this case I'm goin' with the fat banker.

Mushroom

Expect the PPCA's pawns in Canberra to rubber-stamp a change in the law.

The Phonographic Performance Company of Australia's pawns have never let them down before.

As usual, expect Australia's parliament to rubber-stamp the PPCA's request without any public debate.

If anyone's betting, it's a certainty

...fuck 'em!

Anonymous Coward

Re: Expect the PPCA's pawns in Canberra to rubber-stamp a change in the law.

With both this and the Optus TV Now case a rapid change in the law "to balance the needs of consumers with content owners"* will we with us by next week.

* Owners, not creators.

Bronze badge
Stop

Rest assured

Don't be afraid!

Brother Conroy, our fearless minister for [stifling] communication, will surely be able to solve this problem in much the same way as he solves every other problem; by pissing away tax-payer's money until he gets bored and then declaring the problem "solved".

Silver badge

Re: Rest assured

I really cannot stand that guy, he's such a shining example of an ass-hat. The classic case of a politician who does not, will not and can not understand the medium for which he is given oversight.

Silver badge

DOES THIS MEAN...

That when you purchase a song or an album, you have the rights to all mediums you play the songs through.

This topic is closed for new posts.