South East Queensland’s Logan City Council has implemented a mobile strategy that assists the local council in data collection and deployment of business services. The experimental council, with a population of 280,000, recently completed a trial with Rype, a Queensland-headquartered mobile and cloud integration consultancy, to …
We don't need 'em to be more efficient.
The first application for this technology will be to raise more money from parking fines.
(Where I live the Council is No. 1 enemy.)
We don't need no stinkin meters
Logan may not be the most upmarket suburb around, but I cannot recall seeing a single parking meter (or parking inspector for that matter). Please refrain from starting memes that may get out of hand.
No it won't. Most SE QLD local govts already use specialised mobile, devices for traffic infringements.
Holy Style Guide, Badtman!
My god parts of that were badly written.
So awful that it smacked of cut and paste from a press release.
Let's see what Mr Google turns up. Two hits: El Reg and this
Which is (surprise!) a press release from (golly!) BlinkMobile in something called PRWire. I'll leave it for fellow readers and El Reg Subs to play spot the phrases common to both.
Bad Natalie! Write out 100 time: If I'm going to rewrite press releases I must do more than just cut and paste.
Bad Reg Subeditors! I expect better from you guys.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them