Hoping for Ultrabook prices to plummet before you take the plunge? You may have to wait a while. These skinny laptops won't hit the $599-699 (£379-442) band until 2013, notebook manufacturers reckon. And this glum forecast is shared by component makers, DigiTimes says. They believe that while SSDs in particular are so pricey, as …
OK, I won't wait ... just buy mac air instead.
back to your bridge
When is a mac air going to cost £400?
Will be interesting to see what dropping price of ultrabooks will do to they rest of the netbook/notebook market.
Good luck to them with that. If the manufacturers haven't gone out of business by then... or pulled the Ultrabooks because they aren't popular enough, I look forward to my cheap Ultrabook in 2013. I think my old laptop will keep me going until then.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones