Hoping for Ultrabook prices to plummet before you take the plunge? You may have to wait a while. These skinny laptops won't hit the $599-699 (£379-442) band until 2013, notebook manufacturers reckon. And this glum forecast is shared by component makers, DigiTimes says. They believe that while SSDs in particular are so pricey, as …
OK, I won't wait ... just buy mac air instead.
back to your bridge
When is a mac air going to cost £400?
Will be interesting to see what dropping price of ultrabooks will do to they rest of the netbook/notebook market.
Good luck to them with that. If the manufacturers haven't gone out of business by then... or pulled the Ultrabooks because they aren't popular enough, I look forward to my cheap Ultrabook in 2013. I think my old laptop will keep me going until then.
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks