Despite heated competition and with an ailing third competitor in Vodafone, Australia’s dominant mobile carriers continue to cram customers onto their networks. In Singapore Telecom’s regional results, Optus performed well on mobile acquisition with continued expansion. Total mobile customers grew by 182,000 to 9.41 million, up …
Optus are going to lose a customer...
...come contract renewal time if they don't alleviate some of their oversubscription issues. Maybe try adding bandwidth to cell sites, put towers closer together, and increase the capacity of their internet gateway(s)? Coverage isn't everything anymore, capacity is a big deal these days too.
Telstra = 13.18m
Optus = 9.41m
Population of Australia = 22.83m
The big two account for ~99% of the total population?
Telstra Suffering Too
Telstra has not fared well in adding all the subscribers, their network saturation in CBS is way over, they are suffering, we have 200 3G cards with them and over the last few months they are all complaining about how slow they are now. And Telstra, say try 4G, and refuse to admit issues.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging