Telstra CEO David Thodey has told journalists and analysts that the telecommunications industry “needs clarity” following the Federal Court decision which clearly and simply said “Optus TV Now is legal”. In other words, since the clarity provided by the Federal Court is not the clarity Telstra wants – with $AU153 million …
Well, I've emailed my MP
Who happens to be Malcolm Turnbull, who opened his mouth on this issue yesterday. I suggested, in the politest possible way, that he hold the horses on supporting knee-jerk legislation that limited my rights.
In the meantime, all MPs and sporting groups might consider that exclusive deals that aren't in consumers' interests will be circumvented one way or another in the digital realm. So they can continue to play 'whack a mole' for ever and a day, or think again (at last?).
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook