Alibaba.com has suspended its shares on the Hong Kong market, pending news from its parent company Alibaba Group, which reportedly wants to buy back Yahoo!'s stake in the company. The Chinese website asked the market to stop trading its stocks starting today, because it needed to sort out some stuff with Alibaba Group. "The …
Ain't gonna happen
US Government permit a Chinese company to buy a up firm currently providing about 50% of Americans' email accounts?
I think it about time Yahoo disposes of its Asian assets that it does not fully control, So I would not be surprise if it sold its states in Alibabas and Yahoo Jupan and it should do so quickly.
An then use the money to re-enter both markets with units its fully controls at a later stage.
To the article above, this not about Alibaba buying Yahoo, at least not yet. This article is about Alibaba buying up shares Yahoo owns in the Alibaba group.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan