T-Mobile's customer support has gone, over the last 3 years from very good to utterly abysmal.
I have spent 2 days trying to get an idea of my average data usage. On day 1 I was told they cannot give me the information because of a server upgrade. On day 2, after 20 minutes of getting nowhere close to the information I was after I decided to try a different approach and asked what the limit was on my "unlimited" data contract.
After being on hold for a couple of minutes, the nice lady came back and told me confidently that my limit was 5MB/month. "Are you sure?" I asked, "This seems unlikely. Perhaps you would like to check."
Off she toddles and returns to tell me actually it's 500MB/month. Using my time on hold wisely, I had found the T-Mobile fair use policy online but it was equally as vague, could be 500MB, could be 1GB, not really sure. The lovely, but relentlessly useless, lady explained that the difference was based on when you signed up for a contract. Oddly, this is not what the website indicates but hey ho. Acting on the telephone advice I suggested that the length of time I have had a contract with them would mean I have 1GB/month. Lady quickly agreed but, to be honest, I think she was making it up as she went along by then.
Sometimes I have to actually do some work instead of bartering information with T-Mobile customer services, so I asked if they could go and find out the correct information and call me back. Of course they can, we will ring back within the hour. Jolly good.
32 hours later...I'm still waiting.