It is becoming more apparent why supercomputer and server maker Silicon Graphics' former president and CEO Mark Barrenechea decided to exit stage left back in December. While the company was growing gear sales, it was heading deeper into the red ink as old machines came off maintenance and new machines await their ramps this …
That surprises me.
Given that various US agencies use their kit and are probably their biggest customers. The NSA* alone has kept numerous IT vendors afloat and is known to throw more cash around than Paris in a nightclub.
* Probably SGI's biggest customer.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices