If you were expecting for IT spending to go up this year and for new projects to get going – and perhaps to get a pay raise – the consensus is building that this is not going to happen. That's the bad news. The good news would seem to be that instead of being asked to do more with less, IT shops will be asked to do a lot more …
Maybe we can outsource all the unskilled middle management losers too, since the high skill jobs seem to be portable.
Companies are investing in the end user experience on mobile devices and Business Intelligence is top on the list. Which means that instead of focusing on data quality, analysis and mining of BI, to achieve a competitive edge, they are throwing money for the latest shiny dashboard.
I guess it's simply just another indicator of the sad state of the industry and the market. The roof is falling down, yet producers of shiny toys are selling like never before. Don't worry, we'll buy croissant when we'll be out of bread.
And, TPM tells us, they should be focusing on social media. Focus on social media, damn it! All the best pundits say so! Reliability, quality, security - those are for losers.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR