If you were expecting for IT spending to go up this year and for new projects to get going – and perhaps to get a pay raise – the consensus is building that this is not going to happen. That's the bad news. The good news would seem to be that instead of being asked to do more with less, IT shops will be asked to do a lot more …
Maybe we can outsource all the unskilled middle management losers too, since the high skill jobs seem to be portable.
Companies are investing in the end user experience on mobile devices and Business Intelligence is top on the list. Which means that instead of focusing on data quality, analysis and mining of BI, to achieve a competitive edge, they are throwing money for the latest shiny dashboard.
I guess it's simply just another indicator of the sad state of the industry and the market. The roof is falling down, yet producers of shiny toys are selling like never before. Don't worry, we'll buy croissant when we'll be out of bread.
And, TPM tells us, they should be focusing on social media. Focus on social media, damn it! All the best pundits say so! Reliability, quality, security - those are for losers.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene