Apple has poached Microsoft's top product marketing bod in the UK to front up its app store in Europe. Robin Burrowes, formerly Microsoft's Head of Product Marketing in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, has just been hired by Apple in the role of Head of App Store Marketing for Europe. Burrowes has previous experience …
I'd have though he'd be a better fit in the iphone arena...the spin Master who managed the Red Circle of Death would surely be better used trying to gloss over antennagate, rather than spinning the App Store. Which on the face of it, does not have a catastrophic fault that needs "PR'ed".
Was he hired out of the door?
How did they manage that? Don't these people have explosive collars or slamhounds keyed to their MHC that mercilessly track them down?
[slamhound n.m.: not the sex fiend meaning, the William Gibson meaning, okay?]
If itunes isn't completely crap in the future it will be one less thing to slag apple for.
"innovative" Apple poaches talent from elsewhere.
Takes the shine off Apple! You listening, fannyboys?
They'll have him on a "dummy" project for six months or so... don't want any Elops slipping in, do we?
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000 ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Updated Newsweek knocks on door of dad-of-six, tells him he invented Bitcoin
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad