Japanese conglomerate Hitachi – which derives a fair portion of its sales and profits from the IT and telecom sectors – has taken it in the chin profit-wise in its third quarter of fiscal 2011 ended in December. For the quarter, sales were essentially flat at ¥2,2665bn ($29bn), but net income fell by 42.3 per cent to ¥46.4bn ($ …
Selling at a loss has its impacts
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?