Panasonic's new Lumix digicam, the DMC-FT4, could be the ultimate camera for outdoors types. The gadget packs in not juts a 12.1Mp sensor with a 1080p HD video recording capability, but also its own GPS pick-up, a compass and altimeter and a barometer. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT4 Well tough: the Lumix DMC-FT4 In short, it'll pack …
Why 1080p HD video but mono sound?
The new Travel Zoom has 2 mics for stereo, why can't this FT4?
I don't understand why anyone would want full res 1080p pictures yet couldn't give a c**p about sound! (and before anyone says stereo from two close mics doesn't work, have a listen to any of millions of example recordings before you spout off - it works perfectly well)
I'm still waiting for a slim pocketable carry-everywhere camera with reasonable stills, and at least 720p with stereo. It just never seems to happen!
I imagine waterproof microphones are quite expensive.
Also if its designed for hill tops and cold weather high-jinx I'd rather have one good quality mic that coped with wind and cold than two that crackled with nothing but static.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star