Feeds

back to article NASA launches Facebook game for space nerds

NASA has created its first ever multiplayer online game, Space Race Blastoff - and it's now available on Facebook. The game puts space brainiacs to the test, by asking players to correctly answer questions about NASA's history, technology, science and pop culture. Those well-versed in the US space agency will be awarded with " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

From Saturn V to this in fifty years

We used to be somebody. Now our space program is the butt of Medvedev's jokes. Sad, isn't it?

Silver badge
Trollface

"Space Race Blastoff"

Good grief, that sounds so 1970's!

Coat

yeah maybe they should have called it

"I'm Eartbound get me out of here"

" The NASA factor"

"The big fat NASA quiz"

"Strictly space questions on ice"

Paris Hilton

It’s not rocket science ya’know

You mean you can't vote for your favourite answer

Paris, the dumbing down continues

Trollface

Just like NASA!

As title.

Silver badge
Alien

What happened America?

Space exploration used to be your thing. Now look at you. What man would have you now?

Stop

Look at Mexico

http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com -- developed by an indy studio in Mexico. And it does a damn good job of simulating rocket launch, trajectory and even orbit. C'mon NASA, even *Mexico* is beating you on this one.

No argument there, but maybe they are simply playing to their audience, which in this case is Facebookers.

Audience

"No argument there, but maybe they are simply playing to their audience, which in this case is Facebookers."

Or, you know, kids. As in trying to get kids excited about space so they'll think about working at NASA when they grow up?

Silver badge
Alien

Facebook games for space nerds is something new???

Don't look at Facebook's available games much, do you?

(and yes, I have a Galaxy Online 2 account)

Coat

Why is it called Blast-Off?

"Because I always take a blast, before I get off!"

FAIL

If they'd really want to inspire interest in spaceflight they should make a Facebook rip-off of Kerbal Space Program.

This topic is closed for new posts.