BSkyB has once again seen the number of new subscribers signing up to the broadcaster's products fall, compared to the same period a year before. The telly giant, while announcing its second-quarter results this morning, said it added 100,000 customers during the three-month period ending 31 December 2011. Compare that figure to …
Taking inflation for the last year to be ~5% then their earnings per UK customer have fallen.
"That product will cost customers £20 a month. It will come with download speeds of up to 40Mbit/s and no usage caps. At launch BSkyB's is expecting to offer its cable service to around 30 per cent of UK homes."
But it's not a cable service though, it's over BT's Fibre To The Cabinet service. Still got to be good for those folks who either can't get (or don't want) Virgin cable :-)
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action