BSkyB has once again seen the number of new subscribers signing up to the broadcaster's products fall, compared to the same period a year before. The telly giant, while announcing its second-quarter results this morning, said it added 100,000 customers during the three-month period ending 31 December 2011. Compare that figure to …
Taking inflation for the last year to be ~5% then their earnings per UK customer have fallen.
"That product will cost customers £20 a month. It will come with download speeds of up to 40Mbit/s and no usage caps. At launch BSkyB's is expecting to offer its cable service to around 30 per cent of UK homes."
But it's not a cable service though, it's over BT's Fibre To The Cabinet service. Still got to be good for those folks who either can't get (or don't want) Virgin cable :-)
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know