BSkyB has once again seen the number of new subscribers signing up to the broadcaster's products fall, compared to the same period a year before. The telly giant, while announcing its second-quarter results this morning, said it added 100,000 customers during the three-month period ending 31 December 2011. Compare that figure to …
Taking inflation for the last year to be ~5% then their earnings per UK customer have fallen.
"That product will cost customers £20 a month. It will come with download speeds of up to 40Mbit/s and no usage caps. At launch BSkyB's is expecting to offer its cable service to around 30 per cent of UK homes."
But it's not a cable service though, it's over BT's Fibre To The Cabinet service. Still got to be good for those folks who either can't get (or don't want) Virgin cable :-)
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Antique Code Show WTF happened to Pac-Man?
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant
- Study shows dangerous asteroid impacts hit Earth every six months