back to article 4 Sun journos, 1 cop bailed in police bung probe

Police officers investigating allegations of illegal payments to cops as part of a larger probe of News International arrested four journalists on Saturday. All four were either current or former hacks at Rupert Murdoch's tabloid The Sun. Police also arrested a Metropolitan police service officer at the weekend. The five men …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Blofeld's Cat
    Devil

Gotcha!

"...information passed to Scotland Yard directly from News Corp..."

Translation: "If I'm going down, then I'm taking the rest of you with me."

2. Thomas 18
    Thumb Down

Maximum sentence:

Mandatory resignation from the force!!!

(only imposed under the most harsh circumstances such as drug trafficking and murder)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pot & Kettle?

'nuff said...

4. TeeCee Gold badge
    Happy

Sun hacks?

So are we to expect Mr Murdoch to do the right thing and close down The Sun now?

I thought at the time that the action taken over the Screws' bent hacks could be setting a dangerous precedent for NI.....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

If they close it down, where are all the tit's going to go?

1. H2Nick

@AC 15:04 The only way for the tits is up, surely..

when the paper goes tits-up

2. Anonymous Coward
      Mushroom

this'll make number two

So, how many more papers does Murdoch own? What about other media?

5. Jelliphiish
    WTF?

why

is nobody naming these people? really, loads of people get named by the papers when they commit crimes.. is there an injunction or some court ruling with regards the people allegedly involved?

Any police officer found to have taken monies for passing information or any other service which compromised their role as police officers should be publicly outed and made to pay back anything they received and then fired... especially if they had or have a job at an NI owned/controlled business. They held the public trust and betrayed it.

This is far worse than the politicians claiming for pr0n on the missus's expense account.

Time to break out the Cactus Bats methinks.

6. despairing citizen
    Big Brother

Arresting NewsCorp Directors - When?

So now we appear to have a clear lead between criminal activity by NewsCorp employees, and the company profiting from that activity. (selling more news papers)

So when are the directors of the company going to be arrested?

When will see actions taken under the proceeds of crime act?

7. This post has been deleted by its author

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Only one bent cop? Really?

If you believe that then I have a fine bridge for sale.

Far more likely he was the sacrificial Norman no-mates that nobody down the nick liked.

What's the betting even he's punished with a full police pension.

I'm still waiting for Ian Blair to be charged with corruption for accepting tens of thousands of pounds worth of jollies.

9. Ascylto
    Big Brother

Bent coppa

He'll be forced to join the other bent coppas. You know, the ones convicted of fraud, gbh etc., so welcome now in Her Majesty's Constabulary.

This topic is closed for new posts.