back to article Update Facebook by thrusting your hips to, er ... 'Like' things

Seventies throwbacks who like big belt buckles, and pelvic thrusting in public, can now check into a location, or "Like" a friend, with no more than a flick of the hips. The innovation comes from self-described "innovation studio" Deeplocal, which extended the NFC antenna from a Nexus S phone and mounted it on the largest belt …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

So a night out clubbing in the future reads like...

I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you. I like you...

Coat

Blackadder has prior art

Flash by name, Flash By Nature! Hurrah!

(and he liked a lot..)

Gimp

Frottage alert!

Not so much a solution looking for a problem, as a solution inviting a slap round the chops...

Devil

Bwahahahaha!

Sort of a "digital glory hole" when they thrust up against a wall!

Pint

Duffman says...

...OH YEAH!

Silver badge

Should one submit this

For an Ig Nobel prize in engineering?

Coat

"is that an NFC buckle on your belt ... our do you just like me?"

Silver badge

So they've spent plenty of time looking for a real use for NFC, all the time it was staring them in the face - somehow link it to Facebook.

Tongue in cheek as it may be, I've a horrible feeling things like this could catch on to some extent.

Silver badge
Thumb Up

This could be fun

I've got an uncle whose dog will dry hump anything from an armchair to an umbrella stand, I reckon that pooch could rack up a million likes per day.

Thumb Up

even better

How about voice recognition, so if you shout "giggidy-giggidy!" at the same time, it's an "I *really* like" ?

Anonymous Coward

What a load of ole shite!

Anonymous Coward

Combined with the iPad Fleshlight

Embarassing!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/26/ipad_fleshlight_design/

Trollface

I don't reckon the "LikeBelt" will catch on.

I notice none of the people in the promo video were game enough to show their face.

Joke

What does this tech make of a jump to the left?

What does this tech make of a jump to the left? Or a step to the right? Does putting my hands on my hips act as a modifier?

Inquiring midnight movie sluts want to know!

Facepalm

Discount double-check!

Just when you thought it was finally over...

Bronze badge
Mushroom

DEAR GOD...PLEASE...STOP....!!!

This is just one more POS for an increasingly BRAIN-DEAD bunch of idiots, who have the childish notion that they have to "like" things. Schmuckerberg has managed to dumb-down nearly 1bn people...how sad for the future of this planet.

Can these Lemmings be any more pathetic? No.

Black Helicopters

Fireball

I used to be a member of the Fireball Club. I wonder if it's now safe to reveal the secret information that Fireball's uncle was actually..

<NO CARRIER>

Black Helicopters

I used to read Warlord myself. Imagine my surprise when I found out that Lord Peter Flint's nephew was really...

<NO CARRIER>

Anonymous Coward

Why did my mind link this article with the one about the iPad fleshlight below?

Silver badge
Go

But what we really want to know.....

Is whether the belt works with the el Reg forum like button!!

Gives new meaning to "Go hump a post!" :)

(And I don't even want to tell you how you downvote a post using the belt!!)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums