Feeds

back to article Facebook flings clickjack spam lawsuit at ad-slingers

Facebook and US state of Washington have filed lawsuits against marketing firm Adscend Media over alleged clickjacking and spam practices, as the social networking giant finally gets tough with scammers operating on the site. The lawsuits were filed against the co-owners of Delaware-based Adscend in the US District Court in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Hang them by their testicles

This is a clear case of scamming and the marketing execs should be hung by their testicles for a few months and forced to pay millions in fines.

Eh...

FaceArse fails to protect their sheep and some politico who has signed up, been bought, for a share of the fleece has a ming about things.

It must be one of those Days of the Week that includes the letters 'd' 'a' and 'y' in its name.

Bloody sheep farmers. Next thing you know they will be sticking up fences all over the place.

Anonymous Coward

I'm sorry but, without going on a diet of ground lead for the next decade, I'm unable to engage my brain in a low enough gear to put myself in a situation where I'd be so anxious to see a picture of some fuckwitt off the telly in the nude, that I'd sign whatever digital contract was thrust in front of me, for the privilege.

I loathe spammers as much as the next guy. But, in this case weren't they just scraping the sludge off the bottom of the gene pool?

Silver badge

SPAMMERS

But we are our own worst enemies.

Happy

If they were involved in clickjacking practices, its arguably not a spam violation, it's arguably a hacking violation depending on what kind of code was executed. I think that there's so many decent options for advertising on Facebook between Facebook ads, the dozens of companies listed at http://www.buyfacebookfansreviews.com for example, and various other types of promotions you create right on your existing website that leads people to Facebook that I think that this type of behavior isn't necessary. Talking about hanging them from testicles is a bit over the top though.

This topic is closed for new posts.