NEC is set to slash 10,000 jobs including 3,000 unlucky employees from its workforce outside of Japan, after its revised forecast revealed the Japanese electronics giant would make a year end net loss of ¥100bn (£820m). The firm did not reveal exactly where in the business the jobs would go, and said the overseas cuts would be …
Wall Street Journal Article
"Apple still accounted for only 5% of Japan's 34 million new handsets sold in the past fiscal year, but its market share of phone shipments climbed, while those of bigger rivals Panasonic Corp. and NEC Corp. fell."
So Apple success here would seem to be dramatically overstated.
It's not Apple who're killing them in Japan, it's Samsung.
Things have changed
You can't be a 2nd tier industrial supplier and a 3rd tier consumer products company and just get by on being big and having a few existing customers anymore.
Nobody says - I would like an iPhone but I'll settle for a not as good NEC smartphone instead because ... why ? .....
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search