We’re all familiar with the syndrome: someone forgets to fill in the price field in a database, and all of a sudden, an online store is offering products at zero dollars. The usual outcome is that a few users – or a few dozen – make the purchase, then angrily demand that the site honour the purchases they made; the site will …
If you are stupid enough to buy a pink camera you probably are stupid enough to pay 100k for it.
They're offering $100k to take it off their hands.
Car hire companies
I think car hire companies do something similar, to stop you booking stuff they've not actually got.
I've had some distinctly odd results for a car for a Las Vegas trip I'm toying with, including $13,000/week for a Jeep Grand Cherokee which is probably more than the car is worth.
Just buy a new one
They've probably calculated that if someone is willing to pay that much for a car per week, it'd be worth buying a new car for the client!
Maybe there's something to it...
Maybe its memory is full of Scarlett Johansson sex pix?
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY