We’re all familiar with the syndrome: someone forgets to fill in the price field in a database, and all of a sudden, an online store is offering products at zero dollars. The usual outcome is that a few users – or a few dozen – make the purchase, then angrily demand that the site honour the purchases they made; the site will …
If you are stupid enough to buy a pink camera you probably are stupid enough to pay 100k for it.
They're offering $100k to take it off their hands.
Car hire companies
I think car hire companies do something similar, to stop you booking stuff they've not actually got.
I've had some distinctly odd results for a car for a Las Vegas trip I'm toying with, including $13,000/week for a Jeep Grand Cherokee which is probably more than the car is worth.
Just buy a new one
They've probably calculated that if someone is willing to pay that much for a car per week, it'd be worth buying a new car for the client!
Maybe there's something to it...
Maybe its memory is full of Scarlett Johansson sex pix?
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun