Robotics toy tycoon WowWee is down at the Toy Fair 2012 in London this week with its range of smartphone games based on the notion of augmented-reality. While the majority of the AppGear collection was on show at CES 2012 a few weeks ago, a new Doctor Who version was talked-up today, which will see fans of the series strolling …
Am I the only one...
...thinking that this AR thing is wasted on Dalek games and could be better used in the porn arena ?
As long as
we don't all end up stuck in that smeghead Rimmer's version.
So the AppGear thing
means carrying around a toy firearm in public, with your expensive smartphone in plain view of any thieves, without properly looking where you are going?
The American NRA version...
Isn't a toy firearm - it's a mount for the automatic of your choice.
Go ahead, phone-thief punk, make my day!
"...which will see fans of the series strolling the streets shooting virtual Daleks and Cybermen with their smartphones..."
Great! –even more fuckwitts for me to try and avoid mowing down because they're so engrossed in their bloody phones they're completely oblivious to the fact there's a whole planet around them, filled with traffic, other pedestrians and [more amusingly] lamp-posts.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows