Amazon Web Services (AWS) is expanding its database cloud-service offerings beyond Oracle with DynamoDB, a non-relational NoSQL database that is run on solid-state drives (SSD) to handle fluctuating demand. The huge increase in web applications needs scalable database access, which makes a cloud-based delivery system logical, …
Well done for writing this without mentioning "Big Data" once.
attributions on pix
When you post Amazon articles and they are in the top-5 "featured" list, they often have a cute/clever/semi-related picture. The one I keep seeing is the lower-half of a scantily-clad lass obviously in a jungle setting, and while fetching, it is not attributed so that I can go see more. Oh, and tineye doesn't recognize it either.
just give it up El Reg
For the love of all things decent, just stop using a picture of a woman's body alongside every story with an Amazon connection. It's juvenile, hateful and seriously demeans you and us, your audience.
Re: just give it up El Reg
Forgive us for trying to keep Amazon cloud computing a bit more lively than pictures of server racks, but hateful? Demeaning? Are you sure?
I'm aware that we should be equal opportunities, so I'll switch it up in future with manly chests etc. But hateful? No.
0.12 c a gb works out at 110 us a tb. i’ll take it given the price of hard drives today.
I for one welcome our new bikini clad overlords (ladies?).
I see no pics. Is it worth disabling Adblock for?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'