Sony left fans drooling today with a video-clip that teases an upcoming feature called "Dot Switch". The 30-second clip shows a pair of hands use an Xperia handset to trigger various devices. The video is typically cryptic, linking to a website which highlights Dot Switch as "New entertainment from Sony". Yes, we are just as …
Looks like a remote
Just looks like a 1-button remote control. It also looks like a remote that operates the device you're pointing it at, automatically - which would be seriously cool. In theory. In practice you have your dvd player right under your telly, and after 5 pints you end up recording neighbours instead of watching porn.
Looks like a blatant attempt to get viral advertising on a tech website
maybe something like this?
Have to admit it is pretty cool
The more we focus on the mechanisms by which media content is delivered, the less aware we become of the fact that the content is crap.
Changing the color of a sewer pipe doesn't change the reality of what it delivers.
Drooling? Are you quite mad?
Some of us were left sighing… "They can't even do hype well…"
Is my first guess.
Easy pairing / device id for a myriad of uses, and with data up in the cloud its possible to throw data to a consumption device of your choosing (given reasonable connectivity), even if you are using multiple form factors to engorge your eyes and ears with the same 'content'.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor