Amazon struck a deal with Disney this week that'll see ABC TV content available on demand to Lovefilm subscribers. Starting this month, folk paying for Lovefilm's streaming service will be able to access series such as Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and all six-seasons of Lost. Lost Lovefilm customers can get Lost As …
Well it would be great if LoveFilm's streaming wasn't so piss poor.
It was crap when it used flash and they've managed to actually make it worse by moving to Silverlights.
Saves them some bandwidth fees I suppose.
Is this Lovefilm dealing with the inevitable loss of customers to Netflix?
Ive been using Netflix now for just over a week (free trial at the moment) and im still impressed with the content available and have also been introduced to some new comedy series from the states.
The website version isnt as good as the PS3 application but it does allow you to be signed in on both at the same time (my sister has been watching the first 4 seasons of 24, while )
The "HD" streams arent to bad, quality isnt as good as iPlayers HD offerings but overall Im still happy with the service.
Positive completion with Netflix
Lovefilm need to bring the picture quality up now to match Netflix which looked great when I tried it yesterday on the PS3. Lovefilm seem to have more films but Netflix had more Tv series that I wanted to watch.
Lovefilm does have the advantage that I can play on the TV directly (Sony). I don't know if it is commercial issues keeping Netflix off the Sony TVs in the UK (they are on in the US) or if they are developing and testing for the UK.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- Opinion So, Apple won't sell cheap kit? Prepare the iOS garden wall WRECKING BALL
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)