Feeds

back to article NBN Co unclogs sign-up pipeline

The drawn-out negotiations over the National Broadband Network’s wholesale contract offering have concluded with a rush of ISPs agreeing to an amended contract announced yesterday. Wrangling over contract details such as liability in dealings with customers, force majure events and other legal details had been painted by …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge

a ‘ban’ on new connections"

I'm not a sub-editor, but I don't have a problem with that description.

Perhaps someone would like to suggest a concise alternative description for the situation where suppliers are not accepting new connections, for whatever reason?

Thumb Down

The word Ban has connotations

If implies that some higher authority has ordered a cease in trading, with an added hint of implied wrong doing. This situation is more like if you were a shop keeper with no stock. Would you be happy with the description "ban on sales" then?

I'm not inclined to ascribe the local presses use of the word to bias or being a part of the local established media's attempt to undermine the NBN simply because I don't think they are bright enough to do so. I've met a representative sample and I think they've just chosen the shortest word.

This topic is closed for new posts.