CES 2012 Week LG is to build the Gaikai cloud gaming platform into future LG smart TVs. All LG Cinema 3D TVs launched in 2012 will support Gaikai, a service the manufacturer claims runs on a "much more powerful hardware in the cloud than today's PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360" consoles. LG's TVs need no additional hardware and …
when the tv dies do you lose your games? or just buy the box to play the games?
im not sure consoles will die off as some people arent internet connected with them
how is the lag? i cant image it being a good platform for FPS (not that consoles are good at FPS i guess)
Imagine you have to buy a "blue" TV to watch channel X, and a "red" TV to watch channel Y. Think that'd work?
Why do TV companies think creating lots of tiny little niches is a good idea? It'll just mean that the vast majority of their potential customers will ignore those niches.
10% of a standard that works on every single TV will be worth a hell of a lot more than 100% of a niche that is only available on 10% of TVs.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests