Gianfranco Lanci, who quit Acer after a series of boardroom wrangles nine months ago, has been picked up by rival computer company Lenovo to head up their operations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Lanci, CEO of Acer until March last year, has just been appointed head of Lenovo's EMEA PC division as the Chinese giant …
Contrary to the doomsday predictions
which flew about when IBM sold its PC business to (gasp !) those dastardly Chinese, the latter have made Lenovo a success by concentrating on, inter alia, quality. Acer's products, on the other hand, have not been known for this particular quality, as the firm recently admitted (or rather, adumbrated) in a press release (reported in the Reg) to the effect that it was going to start producing more up-market products. Let us hope that Signor Lanci's move from Acer to Lenovo rather reflects a desire on his part to work with a manufacturer with whom product quality is central than a desire to Acerise Lenovo !...
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM