CES 2012 Week Griffin Technology has danced round the iPad for a while now, but at CES this week, the company introduced two Midi-based gadgets to turn your fondleslab into a fully-fledged music production box. Griffin's MidiConnect equips iPads - and other iOS devices for that matter - with a standard 5-pin Din Midi-in port …
Revenge of the MIDI's?
Given that portable devices have long all but estranged MIDI as a tune playing format, favoring MP3 and friends instead, I'm sure there's some kind of irony lurking around here somewhere. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but I know there is...
This looks toy. The Alesis IO dock is a bit more expensive, but has much better connectivity, ergonomics etc.
Dear Reg sub-editors.
It's an acronym - so MIDI, not Midi.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Red Hat, Apple scramble for patch batches
- A BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- CoTW Emma Watson should SHUT UP, all this abuse is HER OWN FAULT
- Vulture at the Wheel Renault Twingo: Small, sporty(ish), safe ... and it's a BACK-ENDER