back to article Vodafail riles ACMA again

The house of VHA is in trouble with authorities again, this time attracting the ire of the Australian Communications and Media Authority for breaching the ‘Do Not Call Register’ Act. VHA has submitted to an enforceable undertaking after a raft of consumer complaints emerged concerning rogue telemarketers spruiking the products …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

And how do you separate an approved dealer from a rogue one.

Whilst most cold callers are scum they often do their activities without the knowledge and approval of their suppliers.

Is this a cop out to make the carriers take the fall instead of legislating against the real bad guys?

I'm not a telco fan but this strikes me as a little unfair.

Alert

More to the point...

...what is "spruiking" (Playmobil reconstruction?) and is it illegal back here in Blighty or just in the colonies?? Get the Reg Vocab Crime Desk on it, we should be told!

"And how do you separate an approved dealer from a rogue one."

By their behavior.

The cop out is allowing companies / governments / whatever to claim "it wasn't us it was the contractor". They do the work in your name, you can take the rap.

Bronze badge

Oh dear

I'd hate to be an independent VHA dealer right now... Sounds like they're all gonna get hit with a big time wasting exercise. And who gets to pay for it? The dealers who didn't do anything wrong of course... Bloody government.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums