Feeds

back to article Acer intros skinny 15in notebook

CES 2012 Week We can't call Acer's newly announced slimline 14in and 15in Aspire Timeline Ultra laptops 'Ultrabooks' - that's an Intel trademark for a well-defined class of machine. So how about 'skinnybook'? Acer didn't specify the either Timeline Ultra's thickness, but they'll be impressively slim if the pics are anything …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

rounded corners?

Are those rounded corners I can see? They'll get sued by Apple ;)

Not Ivybridge?

With a Q1 launch i assume that means Sandybridge processors?

As good as SB is i would have thought Acer would wait for the benefits of IB for what looks to be a high-end laptop. Not even like they'll miss out on many sales this time of year anyway.

I wonder how much it weighs? It certainly looks skinny but that is not a solid guarantee.

A skinny laptop is nice to look at, but all the potential comfort comes from not feeling the weight when you are carrying it around, placing it on your lap, etc.

FAIL

A great design, let down with a bog-standard 1366x768 screen once again! Come on guys, if you are going to the trouble to design a good looking machine, the screen quality and resolution needs to match it!

Thumb Down

Specs?

Max RAM?

FAIL anyway because of the numeric keypad. Does anyone use those? I hate not having the keyboard centered.

Yes people actually use those.

I use it for.... numerical input! ;)

zb
FAIL

Smart sleep tech

"Acer calls it "Green Instant On" - allows the machines to come awake in 1.5 seconds and "ensures battery life that lasts several weeks","

I expect I will be marked as an Apple fanboi (which I am not) but this seems to describe my vintage Macbook Pro which is five years old. I just shut the lid and walk away. As soon as it re-opens it works. I have never timed it but it feels like less than 1.5 seconds. Is Acer going to be sued?

This topic is closed for new posts.