Feeds

back to article Motorola goes mini with bijou blowers

Motorola Mobility has slimmed down its handset range, signalling the launch of two new Android 2.3 Gingerbread smartphones this spring. First up is the Motorola Motoluxe, a device that runs on an 800MHz processor and features a 4in "edge-to-edge" touchscreen display. There's also an 8Mp rear-facing camera, a front-facing 0.3Mp …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Boilerplate response follows:

Gingerbread? In Spring 2012?

Hahahahahahahaha.....

Silver badge
Thumb Up

I don't like it...

...but I know why. Engineering timescales are a year or so behind Google. These phones would have been planned ages ago, when Gingerbread was the latest OS.

Of course it wouldn't matter so much if an ICS update was guaranteed, but I doubt that's likely to happen...

Anonymous Coward

The reason for shipping in spring 2012

Well they have to lock the bootloader, despite their promises and what consumers want.

Then after huge number of complaints about motoblur and it's delay of updates for motorola phones, what do they do? They rename motoblur of course.

So basically you get Gingerbread (announced Dec 2010) in spring 2012 because Motorola wants to add their customizations to it (which I'm fine with), then lock the bootloader so you/community can't fix it (which I'm not fine with).

Is it really that bad an idea to let someone install a pure ICS image?

Silver badge

NOT VERY......

Pretty are they?

This topic is closed for new posts.