Feeds

back to article Fujitsu creates antivirus virus for Japanese government

Fujitsu has developed code for the Japanese government that will destroy malware and collect information on its creators. The government decided to investigate the possibilities of such code in 2005, and three years later the Defense Ministry's Technical Research and Development Institute awarded Fujitsu a ¥178.5m ($2.3m) …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Paris Hilton

Clearly another take on

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/03/japan_cyber_weapon_research/

I still don't understand what they are trying to do. There is no general "antivirus" in this universe. This is like paying for a broom. It may come in handy if you find dust in your house, but if the problem is an inch of water in the cellar, what you gonna do?

They really should spend the money for designing good management practices or for serious engineering of trustworthy and open OS and hardware, even if it's only for bolt-on stuff like SELinux.

Anonymous Coward

Separated at birth?

Dear Editors,

I was struck by the similarity between your article "Fujitsu creates antivirus virus for Japanese government - Code seeks out and destroys malware and botnet systems", posted in Security, 4th January 2012 00:26 GMT, and your article "Japan tasks Fujitsu with creating search-and-destroy cyber-weapon - Zombie boss hunter developed in lab", posted in Security, 3rd January 2012 13:05 GMT.

Could they by any chance be related?

I think we deserve to be told.

yrs, etc.,

Ena B. Duplicate (Mrs.)

94 Acacia Gardens

Neasden

Silver badge
Terminator

And I'm struck by

the way this thing is aping the 'skynet' system in Terminator 3

Lets set it loose to destroy the viruses infecting the internet.... 2 hrs 47 minutes later it become self-aware, after another 15 mins it launches all the nukes.....

They've developed a virus that seeks out and destroys...

...Windows?

About time.

FAIL

Ecosystem

The Web ecosystem has enough predators already. It doesn't need more. This won't end well.

This topic is closed for new posts.