Feeds

back to article Very tiny RF transistor made from graphene

Researchers at Chalmers University in Sweden have demonstrated a graphene-based transistor design that allows more compact RF mixer processing. Not only would the technology permit more compact RF electronics: reducing the size of electronics also allows circuits to run faster – in the case of the Chalmers G-FET (graphene field- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Paris Hilton

I wonder

Just how long will it take Apple to patent this technology as their own?

Ru
Trollface

This tedious 'lol, apple patents' thing wasn't really funny when it first popped up, and it hasn't gotten any funnier since. Honestly, the anti-apple fanboisie are as tedious as the pro these days.

It should be abundantly clear from the article that this is a serious bit of engineering. There's not one mention of 'user experience benefits' or 'rounded corners'... what on earth makes you think apple will be even remotely interested in patenting such a thing?

So they can take over the backend as well.

I think it's a valid point, Apple are a modern day Marconi, it goes like this... Steal public domain function, put it in a box and patent the function of the box.

You forgot the final stage in the Marconi system:

Go broke due to a lack of ability to come up with an original concept and disaterously poor management.

Happy

Another application...

would be hand-held body scanners which operate at those frequencies. I guarantee there will be a market for 'iNude' devices, or maybe that should be 'uNude'.

Anonymous Coward

Chalmers, along with everyone else,

would probably "see more" of Skinner if Bart got his hands on a terahertz scanner.

IT Angle

Surely nay!

Judith Chalmers would say "Wish you were here?"

This topic is closed for new posts.