Loss-making Japanese DRAM fab fabricator Elpida is reportedly in dire straights and being pushed into an alliance with disk drive and flash-maker Toshiba by the Japanese government, sources say. That's according to tipsters who spoke to Digitimes, saying that Elpida's public debt is in danger of not being repaid, effectively …
4Gbit (512Mb) would be naff for a DD3. 4Gb was surely intended.
While I do sympathise with Japanese Government for wanting to keep the capability local, it seems futile. What, I wonder, are they hoping will change in the future to make this endeavour, funded with my tax yen and especially my children's debt repayments, eventually profitable? When was there ever a case of the hardware circus setting up permanent shop, rather than just blowing along to the next site of cheap capital?
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it