The new year in IT always begins around now, when the IEEE puts out the advance program for the International Solid State Circuits Conference, which takes place in San Francisco in February. This time around, it runs from February 19 through 23, and while there are not a large number of server-class processors coming out, there …
Underwhelming "future" Power7+ already here.
It looks like the Pee7+ was as underwhelming development as the Pee6+ and has suffered a similar non-launch (Jesper's post here pretty much nails it http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2011/10/14/ibm_power7_plus_redux/). Guess the next chip for Power fans will have to be the mysterious Pee8.
Wow. Memory interleaved with processors.
The 80's have finally arrived*
*As in there is real *hardware*, weather or not it will be sold is another matter.
It's looking pretty cloudly out here at the moment, bring a coat!
Do you look at the keyboard while you type?
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE