The new year in IT always begins around now, when the IEEE puts out the advance program for the International Solid State Circuits Conference, which takes place in San Francisco in February. This time around, it runs from February 19 through 23, and while there are not a large number of server-class processors coming out, there …
Underwhelming "future" Power7+ already here.
It looks like the Pee7+ was as underwhelming development as the Pee6+ and has suffered a similar non-launch (Jesper's post here pretty much nails it http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2011/10/14/ibm_power7_plus_redux/). Guess the next chip for Power fans will have to be the mysterious Pee8.
Wow. Memory interleaved with processors.
The 80's have finally arrived*
*As in there is real *hardware*, weather or not it will be sold is another matter.
It's looking pretty cloudly out here at the moment, bring a coat!
Do you look at the keyboard while you type?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...