Seagate's cloud backup biz, i365, has renamed itself EVault, the name it was called when Seagate bought it five years ago. Why bother? The i365 name was applied to EVault, and to Seagate's acquired paperwork search biz MetaLincs and Seagate Recovery Services, in September 2008. The three operations were combined in the wholly- …
They should update their SSL cert. It's failing *.i365.com does not equal www.evault.com :P
So after all...
...they backed up.
(Mine's the one with the 2TB USB drive in the pocket :-)
Clearly they had to change it so that their customers wouldn't assume there was a full day's outage pending in 2012. Unlike MS Office 365 which is clearly heading for disaster.
Seriously, why bother?
This company's last major software release (Infostage 6) was back in 2007--when the company was still named "EVault." It's nearly 2012 and they are *still* on Infostage 6. Maybe EVault / Seagate Services / i365 / EVault should spend less time trying to outrun its poor reputation and spend more time on software development.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion