The Australian Communications and Media Authority has been slammed as a toothless tiger for setting the bar too low in protecting consumer privacy. The Australian Privacy Foundation claims that the regulator has “dropped the ball twice in one week”, firstly in its restrained wrath in dealing with Vodafone and in its revised …
ACMA = Toadying self-regulation
They have NO interest in finding against their minders, oh I mean, industry.
...ACMA morphing into MiniTru.
We DO NOT need a bureaucracy telling us what's fit to print/publish, because in the end the bureacracy will protect itself (and its masters the government) rather than the populace.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'