Vodafone Australia is facing $AU250,000 fines from the ACMA if it does not continue to lift its game on network performance, customer care and privacy issues. The Australian Communications and Media Authority has issued directions to Vodafone and its Vodafone Networks subsidiary requiring them to comply with the …
It's a pity that the fines are so triflingly small
Corporate fines need to be increased by orders of magnitude, $250 000 is mere noise in the accounting to Vodafone. They'll make more than that in overcharges in a week.
I'm a soon to be ex customer of theirs for these very reasons.
out of petty cash
I bet that'll frighten them to bits. A whole $250,000!! Wow!
Back to reality, they will simply pay that out of the petty cash box. For a large corporation the fine has to be in millions at least, probably even tens of millions, before the corporation would take any notice..
$250,000????? Pocket change.
How about throwing a few few more zero's on the end of that - might make them actually notice.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars