Hewlett-Packard has a new CEO in Meg Whitman, but it has the same fiscal year that ends in October and the same mis-match between its own quarters and those of the bulk of the companies in the world who buy its IT wares. Its major buyers all end their fiscal years in December. What's an IT vendor to do to bump up revenues? …
Wasn't it financial "creativity" that got us all into this mess?
How is this newsworthy?
IBM offers 0% for 12 months on a straight purchase. Cisco and Oracle do likewise. I am sure all three will trump these lease terms without any trouble. HP has $24 billion in long term debt and their credit rating was just cut. They are in the worst financial shape of any of the major tech companies. How are they going to be compete with the rates from those companies?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops