Hewlett-Packard has a new CEO in Meg Whitman, but it has the same fiscal year that ends in October and the same mis-match between its own quarters and those of the bulk of the companies in the world who buy its IT wares. Its major buyers all end their fiscal years in December. What's an IT vendor to do to bump up revenues? …
Wasn't it financial "creativity" that got us all into this mess?
How is this newsworthy?
IBM offers 0% for 12 months on a straight purchase. Cisco and Oracle do likewise. I am sure all three will trump these lease terms without any trouble. HP has $24 billion in long term debt and their credit rating was just cut. They are in the worst financial shape of any of the major tech companies. How are they going to be compete with the rates from those companies?
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'