Virgin Australia passengers could soon enjoy the wonders of airborne WiFi under a joint development project with Lufthansa Systems. The companies have signed a letter of intent to produce and deploy BoardConnect, which will cover both devices and the back-end system, with launch planned for mid-2012. BoardConnect will give …
To put it another way, we can save money by not providing seat-back entertainment systems in future aircraft.
They probably won't save money either as they will have to provide noise-cancelling headphones for the rest of the passengers, who will complain about having to suffer being disturbed by inconsiderate dick-heads shouting on their phones as well!!
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom