back to article Fusion-io board gets ex-HP hotshot

Shane Robison, the ex-HP chief technology officer, has joined the board of server flash seller Fusion-io. Robison, age 58, parted company with HP at the beginning of November, shortly after Meg Whitman replaced Leo Apotheker as HP's CEO. He will serve on the Fusion-io board's Audit Committee and Nominating and Corporate …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

So Fusion-io is f*****d then

Shane Robison - the man who stood up at a conference (while at Compaq) and announced that 802.11 was the way to go - get with the programme guys (to a conference full of people who had embraced the technology some years before), the man who finished of HP Labs as a viable R&D organisation, indeed the ,man....

Fusion-io really is finished!

Thumb Up

Amen, sister

There are some people who drag death around with them. You know they're around just by the stench. If I were a smart investor in Fusion-IO, I've been given a clear and unignorable warning that the end is here.

Silver badge

The countdown to layoffs is started.

Anonymous Coward

Too bad it wasn't Oracle

As an HP employee, I wish Shane had ended up with his loyal master, Mark Turd, and gone to ruin Oracle for us. Fusion-IO are not a competitor. Still, Mark H may still have a good chance on his own.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums