Salesforce has made a bold move into human resources software by buying up Rypple - a social platform for the workplace. Announced yesterday, the sum exchanged is unknown, but the deal should complete by April next year. Rypple, a Toronto-based startup, is a Facebook for offices, used by, er, Facebook to manage its staff. The …
Says Molly Graham of facebook
"Our idea of fun as a company is people staying up all night working"
So I'm "Human Capital" now? Makes a change from being "resource", I suppose.
Just one small change
And HCM is Human Cattle Management.
Which I guess is how the HCM departments are already thinking anyway.
They call you capital
... because they use you until you are spent.
So now I really can poke the receptionist
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace